En este artículo te vamos a facilitar cinco modelos de conversaciones en inglés escritas habituales que puedes necesitar en momentos de tu vida cotidiana. Seguro que necesitas variar algunas de las fórmulas, pero puedes aprender algunas expresiones habituales y fórmulas útiles que te pueden servir de guía, ¡De ese modo evitaré esos silencios incómodos!
4 ejemplos de conversaciones en inglés escritas
1. Reserva telefónica de hotel
- Morning, this is Amy. How can I help you?
- Morning, this is Anna speaking. I would like to book a double room for the next weekend.
- Sure, when would you like to check-in?
- I would like to arrive next Friday around 20h in the evening.
- Would you like to have your breakfast included?
- Yes, please. That would be great! Thanks. Is it possible to have a balcony and a sea view?
- Hold on the line, I will check that for you.
- Madame, I can confirm we have a room available for you including a sea view. The price is just 15 euros more.
- Oh, that is alright. How much is the room then?
- It will be 89 euros per night. Would you need to use our parking?
- Not really, thanks. We will get there by train so we won’t need that.
- Great. Can I have your credit card number and ID card number?
- Yes, sure. I’ll send you my personal details by email. Can you give me your email address?
- Sure! You can send me your personal details to email@example.com
- Great, thank you Madame.
- Don’t mention it. I will send you the details as soon as we receive your personal details via email. You will pay for the room when you arrive to our hotel. We will see you next Friday.
- Sure, great! See you on Friday, thanks a lot!
2. Conversación en el restaurante
- Good evening, madam. Have you booked a table with us for tonight?
- Good evening, sure. My name is Marta and I have booked a table for dinner.
- Could you tell me your surname please?
- Sure, García.
- Great, you have booked a table for three people at 22h.
- Come with me and take a seat.
- Great, my friends will be here in a couple of minutes.
- No problem. Would you like to a have a drink in the meantime?
- That would be great! I would like to have a beer please, very cold if possible.
- Sure, would you like me to bring you the menu so that you can have a look?
- Yes please, that’s a wonderful idea. Thank you so much, you’re so kind. Please, I would like you to remember that the dinner will be on me, so try to find me so that I can pay for everything at the end. Would that be possible?
- Sure! You can count on me!
3. Pedir indicaciones para llegar a un lugar
- Excuse me, sir. Could you tell me how can I get to the closest supermarket to here?
- Oh, yes, sure! There’s a quite big supermarket in the neighbourhood.
- How can I get there?
- Well, go straight on. Then, turn the first on the left. You’ll see a crossroads. Cross it, and go straight on until the end of the street.
- Is the supermarket right at the end of that street?
- Yes, you’ll find it right after the traffic lights. There’s a zebra crossing right in front of the supermarket. You can’t miss it.
- Oh, thank you so much sir!
- Please, don’t mention it!
- Have a good day!
- Have a good day too, enjoy!
4. Pedir una cita con un profesional
- Good morning.
- Morning sir, this is Cool Laundry Services. How can I help you?
- Yes please. My name’s Maria. I need someone to pick up my laundry. I have an important event and I need to have my dress cleaned and ironed as soon as possible.
- Would you need someone to go to your address today?
- Yes, please, this morning if possible. I need to know if you can have it ready for this evening, before 19h.
- Well that is very urgent indeed. We can have that done for you. However, it will be more expensive due to the urgency of the service. We will charge 50 euros to get it done today before 19h.
- No problem, I understand. How much will it be?
- It will be 90. We need to charge 10 euros for the pick-up and delivery service.
- Great, no problem. That is a perfect price. How can I pay for the service?
- Well, don’t worry. You will need to pay for the delivery service by credit card. Is that ok?
- Then, when the dress is delivered to your address, you pay for the rest, also by credit card. Is that a good solution to you?
- Awesome, thanks for your help. I will be at home all day, so thank you for your patience and for finding a suitable solution for this.
- No worries, it’s our job. Thanks!
Esperamos que este artículo te dé algunas fórmulas clave de manera que puedas usar estos modelos de conversaciones en inglés escritas. Recuerda que es importante usar el condicional para mostrar cortesía
No temas ser demasiado educado y repetir la palabra ‘please’ siempre que lo consideres oportuno, ¡nunca es too much para ellos! Verás que ellos también se muestran muy educados en las conversaciones en inglés escritas o habladas. ¡Ahora te toca a ti poner estas fórmulas en práctica! Puedes leer otros artículos en inglés en nuestra revista. Disfruta de las posibilidades que te ofrecen los medios para leer en inglés en tu tiempo libre.